Bringing digital learning opportunities to all

October 18, 2021

Fresh Quantitative Finance graduate Victor ZHU and his like-minded friends at Ridge View Residential College (RVRC) co-founded Hatch, a training academy to make digital education accessible to all.

Hatch co-creates and delivers programmes for specific groups, provides end-to-end training and facilitates job and internship placements to help jobseekers.

The insights he gained on social innovation at RVRC shaped his mindset as an entrepreneur. He said, “I learnt to appreciate how boldness is a rare but necessary commodity in bringing about the change that I want to see.”

Victor’s interdisciplinary education played a key role in his startup journey. The mathematical sciences, for instance, challenged him to exercise rigour in his thought processes and helped to ground his decisions in objectivity. He also took electives in philosophy and sustainability, both of which formed a huge part of the “Why” behind setting up an impact-driven business.

He added, “I look for interdisciplinary talent when hiring as I have found that they are better equipped to navigate and thrive in complexity.”