Student Exchange Programme (SEP)
SEP Briefing Schedule for AY16/17 Semester 2
- Session 1 - 16 Jan 2017 (Mon), 1000-1130, LT 31
- Session 2 - 18 Jan 2017 (Wed), 1400-1530, LT 31
SEP Application Criteria (also applicable to Summer Programmes)
- NUS SEP eligibility criteria (IRO website)
- CAP not lower than 3.0
- Student should not have obtained a 'C' or lower grade
- Students should have a clean disciplinary record
- Student should have completed or should be concurrently reading SP1541/ES1541 or equivalent to apply for SEP in a particular semester
- If you are of foreign nationality and receiving a scholarship, please check with the scholarship granting agency to ensure there are no restrictions involving overseas study
After SEP allocation
Please find the following forms/documents in the NUS student portal.
*Please log on to the NUS WebVPN before accessing the NUS Student Portal.
- SEP AY17/18 Deadlines for Document Submission to Partner University
- Points to note for Document Submission to Partner University
- Recommendation Form (only to be used by NUS academic staff)
- Module Mapping Form (for request for mapping of Science modules)
- Transfer credit Form (for request to transfer credits)
All courses taken while on SEP will earn you modular credits towards your fulfilment of the graduation requirements.
Therefore, students on SEP are to take modules on graded basis (i.e. no pass/fail) at the partner university. However, only credits, not the grades, will be transferred for satisfactorily completed modules that were approved for mapping back to NUS. Students' CAP will thus not be affected. The total modular credits earned and name of host university will be reflected in the official NUS academic transcript.
Students may request for credits transfer for modules approved for mapping back to NUS, together with the official transcript from the host university reflecting the passing letter grades/marks according to the host university's grading system and completed Transfer of Credits form.
Students who successfully completed and passed a full semester of workload while on SEP may request to transfer a total of 20 MCs from SEP. Any additional MCs awarded will count towards Unrestricted Electives only.
For the maximum number of modular credits that can be excluded from CAP computation, please refer to the Registrar's Office website.