Concurrent Degree in Computational Biology with Brown University
Science students in the Computational Biology programme are eligible* to apply for admission to this concurrent degree programme at any time during their study if they meet the following criteria:
(i) A CAP of at least 4.00;
(ii) Must have read these Computer Science related modules on top of the B.Sc. (Hons.) degree requirement in Computational Biology: CS2100 Computer Organisation; CS2102 Database Systems; and CS3230 Design and Analysis of Algorithms.
Science students in the Computational Biology programme who join this concurrent degree programme will graduate with a Bachelor of Science (Computational Biology) Honours degree from NUS and a Scientiae Magister in Computer Science (Computational Biology) degree from the University of Brown.
The objective of establishing such a special admission criteria is to ensure that students entering the Scientiae Magister in Computer Science (Computational Biology) track offered at Brown University have sufficient computer science background.
Admission application will be considered by the Joint Committee of this concurrent degree programme. The Joint Committee reserves the right to adjust the special admission criteria to ensure the readiness of students in admitting to the Scientiae Magister in Computer Science (Computational Biology) track.
* Please note that students who are holding the Scholarships listed below are not allowed to participate in programmes with overseas components of more than 1 semester (e.g. Concurrent Degree Programmes with overseas partner universities, Double Degree Programmes with overseas partner universities, Joint Degree Programmes with overseas partner universities, NUS Overseas Colleges and overseas SEPs lasting more than 1 semester). This list of programmes is not exhaustive as new programmes with overseas components of more than 1 semester will also be subject to this restriction.
This means that the students holding the scholarships below will not be eligible to participate in the Concurrent Degree in Computational Biology with Brown University.
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- SembCorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship (for Indonesian students)
- SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship (for Indian students)
- Undergraduate Scholarship for Hong Kong Students
- Undergraduate Scholarship for PRC Students
For more information on the concurrent degree programme with the Brown University, please click here.
For the application form (which holds the instructions for application) to this concurrent degree programme, please click here.