Some youth taking too much paracetamol by accident: Study

 

This was a report on a study on overdose of paracetamol by Prof Grant SKLAR from the Department of Pharmacy at the NUS Faculty of Science, and Dr Christina TAN, who was a doctoral student under Prof SKLAR when she did the research. The researchers reviewed the medical records of 177 patients aged 18 to 75 who had been hospitalised at the National University Hospital after taking too much paracetamol between January 2011 and December 2013. They found that half of the patients who overdosed were young people aged 18 to 25. The study, which was published last October in Singapore Medical Journal online, also found that unintentional overdose was typically linked to a worse outcome for patients.

 

Source : The Straits Times (Tuesday, 10 January 2017)

 

Read here