NUS-King's College London Joint Ph.D. Programme
The National University of Singapore (NUS) and King's College London (KCL) Joint Ph.D. programme is offered by the Faculty of Science at NUS and the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience School of Biomedical Sciences at KCL.
A student's candidature will commence at the beginning of the semester at student's home institution.
Students at NUS are expected to submit their Ph.D. thesis after 4 years of full-time study.
In principle, students are required to spend the equivalent of 50% of their study period at each institution. Students must spend the last six months before submission of thesis at their home institution.
Students will be supervised by minimum two supervisors, at least one from each institution.
Students are expected to meet the programme requirements as specified by their home institution.
Students will be expected to meet the entry requirements of both institutions. However, the application is a joint process and applicants will only make an application to one institution. In general, applicants interested to pursue NUS-based projects should apply through NUS. NUS will be the home institution.
Applicants must have:
- A good relevant Bachelor and/or Master degree
- NUS graduates should have at least a Second Class Upper Honours
- All international applicants must submit their GRE/ GATE and TOEFL/ IELTS score
- Ability to pursue research in the fields related to biological, biomedical and biophysical sciences
Applicants should meet KCL's English requirement.
Applicants must apply for the Joint Ph.D. programme with their department of choice. To apply, click here.
Applicants should also provide the following supporting documents:
- A research proposal
- A CV detailing the applicant's academic qualifications, working experience, publications, awards, etc
- Letters of support from potential supervisors in NUS and KCL
- Reference letters from two referees
- Certificates/ transcripts of Bachelor and Master degree, GRE, etc
- Proof of English proficiency - IELTS/ TOEFL/ GCE certificates
Applicants may apply for the NUS Research Scholarship which includes a full tuition fee subsidy and a monthly stipend. Recipients of the scholarship will continue to receive their monthly stipend during their stay in KCL.
The airfare and traveling expenses incurred by students traveling to KCL, accommodation and all living expenses in London will be borne by students.