NUS Awards for Study Abroad (NASA) Enhancement Bursary
NASA Enhancement Bursaries are available on a need basis to undergraduates from the Faculty of Science (FoS) who are Singapore Citizens participating in short-term programmes or research attachments administered/supported by FoS. These busaries help to offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme.
These Bursaries range from SGD400 to SGD3,000 depending on the duration of the programme, financial needs of applicants, and availability of funds. Please refer to the table below for the quantum.
|Programme Duration||Range of Quantum (Depending on PCI)|
|2 to 3 weeks||SGD400 - SGD800|
|> 3 to 5 weeks||SGD800 - SGD1,600|
|> 5 to 8 weeks||SGD1,200 - SGD2,400|
|> 8 weeks||SGD1,500 - SGD3,000|
Note: The Enhancement Bursary will help to offset part of the cost incurred for the overseas programme, and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider the cost of the overseas programme before application.
- Full-time FoS undergraduates who are Singapore Citizens.
- Students with gross monthly per capita household income (PCI) of S$1,900 and below (with effect from AY2017/2018) for the academic year of the overseas programme may be considered, subject to the availability of funds.
- Gross monthly per capita household income refers to the total gross monthly income of all those living in the household divided by the number of people in the household.
- Students who are accepted to go on short-term or research attachments administered/supported by FoS.
- Recipients of the following scholarships are NOT eligible to apply for, nor receive, NASA Enhancement Bursary:
- Undergraduate Scholarship for PRC Students
- SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sembcorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
- MOE Teaching Award, MOE Teaching Scholarship, MOE Local-Overseas Merit Scholarship (Teaching) and MOE Education Merit Scholarship (Teaching)
- Global Engineering Programme (except for overseas research attachments)
- Recipients of other awards that sponsor the cost of overseas programme and/or do not allow concurrent holding of awards
Terms and Conditions
The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to be NUS ambassadors. Awardees must also complete the Science Study Abroad Experience Form.
Students can only receive ONE (1) NASA Enhancement Bursary in their entire undergraduate candidature in NUS.
Students who have participated in overseas programme administered/supported by FoS will be invited to apply for the NASA Enhancement Bursary.