Application for this programme is only through nomination by our partner universities.
Students who have been nominated by our partner univerisities for this Summer Programme need to register themselves as Non-Graduating Exchange students and the following application procedures will apply:
- [COMPULSARY] Download Student guide for completing the online application
- Complete online application via Non-Graduating Students Application System by 1 March 2018.
*Important Note : Upon successful submission of the online application, students will be issued an application no. It is important for students to take note of this number.
- Upload and submit softcopies of the following documents onto the application system:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Photocopy of passport particulars page
- Official Bachelor's Degree transcript
Student Pass Application & Form 16
For incoming international students, the University will apply for the student's pass (and entry visa, if required) on your behalf once you are offered admission to NUS. You will then be given the necessary information via email (as provided in your online application) to log into the Singapore's Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) web-based Student Pass Online Application and Registration (SOLAR) system to verify the accuracy of certain information and submit Form 16 online before your student's pass application can be processed.
Once the student's pass application has been approved, you will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter, which will be given to you during the registration exercise at NUS. If you are from a visa-required country, your IPA letter will be mailed to your address (as provided in your online application) as it will serve as a single-trip entry visa when you arrive in Singapore.
Please note that candidates without the IPA will not be granted the student's pass. After your registration, your IPA letter will be stamped with the required period before you proceed to convert your social visit pass into a student's pass.
Conversion of Social Visit Pass to Student's Pass
The conversion of your social visit pass into a student's pass will be done when you arrive in Singapore.
Upon arrival in Singapore, students will be given a social visit pass for a minimum of two weeks at the airport or point of entry. Typically, after students have registered with NUS and received their IPA letter endorsed with the university seal, they then apply for a student's pass at ICA (see map here) within the validity of their social visit pass. Students are to make an e-appointment here before proceeding to ICA in-person. Students have to make payment at ICA or online via SOLAR system for the student's pass. The fee will range from S$90 to S$120 depending on student's nationality*. Payment must be made via NETS or cash card.
Students need to ensure that they bring along the following documents:
- Passport with a valid social visit pass
- Disembarkation/Embarkation Form (IMM27) (white card which students would have received and filled up on the airplane prior to touch-down)
- IPA letter from ICA (endorsed with the University seal by the Registrar's Office during registration)
- 1 copy of Form 16 (printed from SOLAR system) signed by applicant
- 1 passport size photograph
* A processing fee of $30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if application is withdrawn after submission. A $60 issuance fee for every student’s pass issued and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee for visa required nationals, where applicable. The fee is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality to collect the student’s pass.
Note: Students who require visa to enter Malaysia are to apply and obtain the visa after obtaining the student's pass. Please refer to the Immigration Department of Malaysia for the list of countries that require visa.
Health and Travel Insurance
Every international student must take up the NUS Medical Insurance Scheme. Upon arrival in Singapore, students are required to subscribe to this scheme. It will be included in the mandatory Miscellaneous Fees of the student bill. This is a compulsory scheme and hence no opt-out is allowed.
Payment can be made at the Student Service Centre (located at Level 1 of Yusof Ishak House).
Our medical insurance comprises 3 components:
- Personal Accident Insurance Coverage †
- Hospitalisation, Surgical & Mental Health Insurance Scheme †
- Outpatient Specialist Care †
†Refer to more details on the website
Please note that not all forms of overseas outpatient medical treatment of illnesses are covered so you may wish to enroll with a private health insurer that provides coverage not covered by the NUS Medical Scheme to suit your need during your stay overseas.
If you need to consult a doctor on-campus at University Health Centre, please note that the consultation fee payable can be found HERE.
The amount of premium payable for the NUS Medical Scheme is subject to change without prior notice and the prevailing GST rate. [There is no refund for premiums paid]
It is advisable to take up travel insurance to cover such things as accidents, lost luggage or trip cancellation. The NUS Medical Scheme does not cover travel to and from Singapore.